Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Pissing Doggie

Before coming back to work this October, I made a promise to myself that I'm gonna draw one doodle a day. Easy-peasy, you say.

Well, it's not.

But still, I manage to push something out. And one of the doodles, Doggie, even became a mixed media 4x4 inches picture - perfect for that spare screw near my kitchen bookshelf.

DIY art for small space

DIY interior decor

First, I made a drawing. It got 7 likes on my instagram, woo-hoo! :) Definitely a sign to forward it to "serious art project" section.

sketch of a dog

Second, I got a 4x4 inches canvas, and some magazine glossy pictures for the background. Obviously, doggies shouldn't pee anywhere else but on grass. So I tore some grassy stuff from old National Geographic issues.


Next step: make a collage out of grass. Dilute your white glue with some water or use Mod Podge. I didn't have enough grass to cover the canvas, so I added a dirt path. It turned out even better.



Wait till it dries completely, so your background tightens nicely.

Last, but hardest - trace your drawing to collage (or simply copy it) and fill in with acrylic paint. Ta-daa!


I love, how such a small piece of art can tremendously highlight any spot in the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment